World Tourism Destinations Forum (WTDF 2018), 4-5 December 2018, Kuala Lumpur to share strategies in building outstanding world-class tourism destinations.
Tourism Destination can be conceptualized in many ways. They are often defined as the ‘pulling power’ or ‘magnetism’ that attracts tourist to a specific city or certain location. The creation of a distinctive destination which stands out in a competitive environment is important. The success of a destination relies on the development of the right products, deployment of effective mechanism and tools to support visitation and effective communications with the market.
A destination also needs to be planned to achieve sustainable tourism development that respects local community, create appropriate employment, maintains the natural environment, and delivers a quality visitor experience. When commercialized properly, a means of generating that stimulates economic growth is possible.
The World Tourism Destinations Forum 2018 (WTDF 2018), themed “BUILDING AN OUTSTANDING WORLD-CLASS TOURISM DESTINATION”, is designed to provide an interactive platform for municipalities, city planning and development experts, tourism and hospitality products and services providers, government leaders, policy makers and captains of industry from across the region to converge; meet face to face to discuss a wide spectrum of issues pertaining to tourism destinations planning, development and management. This will be an ideal platform to share practical frameworks and best practices at the same time discover and capitalize on the rise of digital technologies in tourism destination planning, development, management, and marketing. WTDF 2018 will also serve as a platform to connect, explore and align goals, objectives and business model as part of the tourism destination ecosystem reliance.
What would you get by attending the World Tourism Destinations Forum 2018?
- Hear from global inspiring tourism destinations planners and experts on practical frameworks and best practices
- Acquire new skills and strategies in planning and developing tourism destination of the future
- Capitalize on the rise of digital technologies; discover how you can plan and develop a modern world-class tourism destination with the latest tools, innovative technologies, and new trends that charting your destination on the global map
- Sharing knowledge and experiences on the sustainability of world-class tourism destination
- Network and exchange of ideas and insights with key regulators and captains of the industry
- Explore current and emerging strategic development plans and opportunities
- Connect with leading solution providers, planners, consultants, and tourism destination enablers
Key Areas to Be Explored
- Global Tourism Destination Trends and Analysis
- Designing and Managing Sustainable Experiences
- Funding for Tourism Infrastructures
- Destination Marketing Strategies
- Cultural Architectures as Sustainable Urban Tourism Products
- Niche Tourism Products as Urban Economic Driver
- Green & Smart Tourism Infrastructure
- Planning & Managing Urban Heritage Areas
- Integrating Digital Technologies in Tourism Cities Development
- Varied Elements Management for Sustainable Tourism Cities
- Developing A World Class Tourism Destination: A Common Vision, Direction and Commitment
- Overtourism Vs Under tourism: How Can We Avoid It
For more details, please log-on to www.worldtourismdestinationsforum.com or contact the secretariat at +603 2771 1668.